Pet Wellness Exam at Hilltop Animal Hospital, Your Veterinarian near Evans, GA
When you visit Hilltop Animal Hospital, our team of professionals is there to help you with any need your pet may have. We have years of experience helping pet families to ensure their furry loved one is well taken care of. We highly recommend coming in to see your veterinarian near Evans GA at least one time a year, though every six months is best. Of course, we're always here if your pet becomes ill, too. What can you expect during a wellness exam?
What Keeps Your Pet Safe?
You have a new pet in your life and you want to do everything you can to ensure he or she is healthy. To make sure this is possible, it's best to schedule routine pet wellness visits. Pet wellness does not just happen. It requires ongoing support and guidance from your vets and the team at our location. What goes into keeping your pet healthy?
- Regular wellness exams - Allowing your veterinarian to see your pet often ensures we can monitor for any signs of disease, developmental delays, and overall health. We can discuss your pet's diet and activity levels, too.
- Pet vaccinations - From a young age and throughout their lives, pets need to have routine vaccinations. Pet vaccinations keep your animal healthy by helping their bodies to develop immunity against often lethal diseases.
- Pet dental care - It's important to keep your pet's teeth clean at home and we can show you how to do that. It is also important that we monitor and clean your pet's teeth in our office as well. We offer deep cleanings as well as routine inspections. Your pets rely on their teeth.
- Spaying and neutering - We recommend spaying and neutering pets. It can extend their life, reduce aggressive behavior, and make your pet friendlier.
- Preventative wellness services - Our goal is to keep your pet well. We may request stool and urine samples, conduct x-rays, and use blood tests to determine this. As your pet ages, we'll recommend more comprehensive exams including x-rays and blood work to monitor for the development of orthopedic conditions.
- Flea and tick prevention - When you visit us for a pet wellness exam, speak to us about flea and tick prevention. We offer comprehensive treatment programs to prevent infestations as well as treatments if they become necessary.
What Happens During a Pet Wellness Exam?
As noted, we recommend coming in on a routine basis for a pet wellness exam. When you arrive, we'll gather information about your pet's health, weight, and temperature. We'll speak to you about any concerns you have. And, we'll talk about any type of vaccination updates your pet needs. Your veterinarian will provide a comprehensive examination and watch your pet move and interact. We're looking for any signs of problems.
This is also an important time to talk about any concerns you have regarding your pet's nutrition, exercise and fitness, and overall well-being. We're happy to offer resources to help your pet healthy.
Contact Our Veterinarian in Evans for More Information and to Schedule an Appointment Today!
We recommend giving our team a call whenever there is any concern or question about your pet's health. As a full-service animal hospital, we are here to help you to prevent illness, but also to treat illness and injury when they occur. If there's ever a question, visit our animal hospital for immediate care. Contact Hill Top Animal Hospital now to inquire about our veterinarian hours and to schedule a pet exam with your vets near Evans, GA. Contact us today at 706-303-4571.